Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Complacency

That word keeps weighing on my heart.  Complacency.  I had to go to ole' Mr Webster (via Google - of course) to get the definition as I felt a little hazy on the actual meaning.

Main Entry: com·pla·cen·cy
Pronunciation: \-sən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural com·pla·cen·cies
Date: 1650
1 : self-satisfaction especially when accompanied by unawareness of actual dangers or deficiencies
2 : an instance of complacency

Uh huh.  Still not too sure about that.  Checking myself.  Have I become complacent?  Surely my unawareness is a sign. 

2 comments:

Kathi D said...

Good lord, you don't even have TIME to become complacent. Besides, I don't think you can be complacent if you are aware enough to wonder whether you are.

Sarah M said...

Thanks, Kathi. Feeling better already!