Monday, March 10, 2008

The Blues


Brian and I have put off doing our bedroom for 7 months now mostly to our disdain for the process of painting. Seriously, we hate painting. Or, really, Brian hates painting and doesn't think I do a good enough job of it so he must do it himself. Really, it's all part of my master plan - appear to not know what you are doing and he will do it himself. So far so good. My room is painted, isn't it?

Anyhow, we went with blues and you can see we are getting artsy with our two colors. There will be a chair rail in white to go along the seam of the two colors. I am excited for the finished product. Chair rail will come next weekend with our next paycheck. I had forgotten how expensive painting could be. This really turned out beautiful - at least I think so...

Next on the list is to change the color of the bed. We have this beautiful Ethan Allen set generously handed down to us from our dear friends. But, it's green (you can see a corner of it in the pic), and we didn't really go with a greeny blue - it's a little grey for a green bed. We will be changing the bed color to brown - same bed, different color (I saw it on Color Correction/Color Splash - one of the two on HGTV). I am so excited for the new room.

I wonder if I can get Brian to paint the bathroom...

No comments: