Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pushin' up daisies...


Just in time for my in-laws to arrive I completed the Daisy Quilt. This is the fast and easy project I was going to finish before I finished my knitting project. It seems I got more waylaid that I originally thought. I had the whole thing pinned and ready to quilt for a week while we sanded and painted the concrete floor. I had to shake a bit of dust off and finish the darn thing so the in-laws could ogle over it. And well, yay, they did - at least my mother-in-law did. Father-in-law was more impressed with the concrete floor.

Anyhow, this was an easy one and all made out of leftovers from last Christmas' quilt gifts. I felt thrifty and brilliant - two of my favorite qualities! It came out pretty well considering. I am still debating whether I will keep it or gift it. It looks so good on my couch across from the other quilt on the "I love you couch." I have more of all the fabric used. I may just make a sister quilt to this one...

After the in-laws arrived I still had a bit of a project before me. I just HAD to have place mats for Thanksgiving. And who ever heard of a holiday meal without cloth napkins? So, I made both, yesterday (also out of leftovers from X-mas and curtains). My mother-in-law sat with me talking (my other favorite thing to do) and trimming all my stray threads. (Could she sew with me always?? - I hate those pesky threads.) So now we are ready for a great meal - er, at least a great table setting. I can't wait!

My little turkey...

No comments: