Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Serious Fun at the Lake







After days of hard labor the guys took a break and we headed for the lake. Inks lake is about 45 minutes north west of here and though we have a lake about 15 minutes from us we decided to check it out. I am so glad we did. The In-laws had scoped this out on their drive here. What a great spot. In a state campground around one of the fingers of Inks Lake is a great little no-wake place to paddle around and play. This was the kids' first time in a lake (the lakes in the Sierra's were far too cold to actually swim in) and they loved it - though they were constantly on the look out for fish. What can I say - they are my kids...

The FIL rented a paddle boat and a kayak and for an hour both were in constant use. Brian and I took the kayak out into the lake to take a look around. Though the beauty of the Sierras is unparalleled this place rates in my book. I took a deep breath and thanked God that he brought us to this Big Sky State. I only have a few pictures because I was too involved in having fun. I am sure the MIL and my sister have a few more.

No comments: