Sunday, August 24, 2008

My New Commute





I used to brag that my commute was the best. If you have to drive 30 minutes to work it might as well pass some cows, goats, horses, a creek with Herons and a pond with ducks and geese. Brian's commute upstairs is quite possibly more gas efficient, but I really did love my drive.

With a new job comes a new commute and among other things I am sad to leave, my drive was one of them. I happily made my way, however, on my planned shortest route to work. Twice I have gotten stuck behind a gravel truck or a tractor (I have only worked 5 days so far). I was feeling a bit frustrated. Miles of overgrown farm to look at isn't bad, a short distance on the 35 isn't too hectic and the couple miles of businesses with stop lights isn't horrible. Yet I wanted something better.

If anyone knows me, they know that I am up for an adventurous drive. My travels home thus far have taken me on several routes. Thursday while driving home I decided to snap a few photos from the driver's seat to show you my favorite. This is just one part of the drive. I go over the San Gabriel River, up and down some incredible hills, and through some of the most gorgeous hill country ever. Glad I took pictures this day since the following day I took the same route and those big puffy white clouds were dark and gray and pouring down rain - well more like blowing sideways rain. I wasn't driving my cushy Honda either; no windows in the Jeep made for a wet ride. Too scared to take pictures that day...

No comments: