Thursday, April 10, 2008

Signs of Spring




Today I went shopping for some signs of spring. Actually I really went shopping for some flowers for our front planter with my father-in-law. He is the garden man - and by "the" I mean the garden man. He knows his stuff. Going to a garden center with him is amusing only to watch him quiz the employees. Hallelujah for the Color Spot guy at Depot. The F-I-L doesn't like buying flowers from Depot but at least the Color Spot guy knew his stuff. Shew. We bought very little - only enough for a little color in the garden.


Here is what I found in the house today - signs of Spring inside. My orchid, left by the previous owners, is doing great and shot up a knew stalk with opening buds. I can't even believe it! I didn't kill it! Also, the kids got these little pots with seeds from my mother for Easter and the little buggers are growing. All I can say is, thank God it's Spring.

No comments: